Penn National Gaming Food & Beverage Front of House Manager in Youngstown, Ohio
Don’t just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? At Hollywood Gaming at Mahoning Valley we think you’ll enjoy an exciting industry, fast-paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
An individual could be successful if they possess the following.
Your daily responsibilities include
• Assisting in the direction of all Food & Beverage operations
• Developing people to provide exceptional service, products and value to the company guests while maximizing profitability
• Thinking strategically and operationally about factors such as: pricing, quality, marketing, price/value perceptions, customer satisfaction, employee training and development as they relate to overall Food & Beverage products
• Assisting to develop financial, business and capital expenditure plans that are consistent with the overall strategic positioning of the property
• Responding to changes in planning assumptions and alter plans as necessary
• Presenting updates, formally, to plans and provide appropriate explanations and solutions to variances
• Providing leadership and demonstrates behavior that is consistent with the Better People philosophy
• Ensuring that the receiving, holding and issuance, production and service of products are within the quality and control standards
• Ties operational challenges to strategic direction and the ability to be effective in a large organization
• Assisting in designing and engineering menus
• Implementing and auditing inventory and cost control systems and procedures
• Enforcing all regulatory, internal controls, policies and procedures for compliance
• Professional appearance and demeanor
• This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and team members may also be asked to perform other reasonable related duties as assigned. Hollywood Gaming Mahoning Valley reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises with appropriate notification to Team Members.
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) from an accredited four-year college or university preferred
• 3-5 years progressive Food & Beverage management experience, including three years directing a multi-unit operation
• Must be proficient in Microsoft applications (Excel, Access, Word)
• Knowledge of all phases of Food & Beverage administration, cost control and familiarity of all food and beverage services is required
• Ability to train and motivate personnel well
• Delegation, negotiation and diplomacy skills required
• Ability to communicate well among staff and be guest service oriented
• Organizational development and personnel assessment skills
• Knowledge of food cost and labor analysis pertaining to a Hotel/Casino or property comparable in size
• Physically mobile with reasonable accommodations including ability to push, pull, carry and lift up to 50 lbs., and the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when performing job duties in varying work areas such as confined spaces
Something to leave you with
Penn National Gaming is more than you may realize. We have properties throughout the United States and Canada and are embarking on an aggressive growth mode. Our departments and areas of opportunity are ideal for just about any skill set. And our company-wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you’ll enjoy a fun working environment.
Now that you have read about who we are, here is your opportunity to see what we're about!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job ID 2018-48729
Casino Property Hollywood Gaming at Mahoning Valley
Position Type Regular Full-Time