Penn National Gaming Assistant Director of Food and Beverage in St. Louis, Missouri
Don’t just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? At Penn National Gaming we think you’ll enjoy an exciting industry, fast-paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
An individual could be successful if they possess the following.
Your daily responsibilities include
• Responsible for the overall performance of the Food & Beverage front of house operations, continued development of the Multi Outlet Managers and team members of the Food & Beverage department. Develops, implements and manages operational goals and monitors achievements of performance and profit objectives.
• Establishes a positive working relationship with the Executive Chef, Assistant Executive Chef and culinary team.
• Ensure that scheduling is done in an effective and efficient manner, while maintaining labor costs, meeting team member objectives and achieving guest satisfaction.
• Assist in preparing, monitoring and adhering to budgets and ensuring compliance to departmental budget initiatives. Reports budget concerns / deviations to the Vice President of Food & Beverage.
• Enthusiastically supports, actively promotes, and demonstrates superior guest service in accordance with department and company standards and programs. Ensures guest service standards are followed by all team members and addresses issues as they arise. Responsible for the overall achievement of department guest service goals.
• Assists the Multi Outlet Managers in directing all front of house Food & Beverage operations.
• Assists VP of Food & Beverage with formal presentation of updates to plans and provides appropriate explanations and solutions to variances.
• Ensures that the receiving, holding and issuance of products are within the quality and control standards.
• Assists in designing and engineering of menus.
• Tie operational challenges to strategic direction and the ability to be effective in a large organization.
• Assists in directing Food & Beverage leadership team members and providing instruction to achieve maximized efficiently and profitability in the department.
• Implements and audits inventory and cost control systems and procedures.
• Ensures all safety and sanitation policies are followed in accordance with local, state, and federal guidelines.
• Responsible for ensuring the compliance with all regulatory compliance within area of responsibility and reporting potential issues to Executive Management / GM.
• Maintains strict confidentiality in all departmental and company matters.
This job has supervisory responsibilities.
Responsible for team member development and training programs.
Responsible for rewards and recognition program to maximize team member engagement.
Evaluates team members within department and delivers feedback to team members in regards to performance.
Determines recommendation for staffing (including interviewing and hiring) and scheduling (planning, assigning and directing work) to meet business needs.
Determines work procedures and expedites workflow.
Responsible for team member coaching.
Provide continued Leadership & Development of the Food & Beverage team.
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be at least 21 years of age.
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) from a four year college or university or equivalent; or four to eight years Food and Beverage leadership experience; or combined education and experience. Minimum of four years previous F&B experience at manager level or higher required.
• Must have the ability to interact with guests and team members and resolve problems and conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft applications and be knowledgeable with Food & Beverage software systems.
• Able to think strategically and operationally about factors such as pricing, quality, marketing, price/value perceptions, guest satisfaction, team member training and development as they relate to overall Food & Beverage products.
• Delegation, negotiation and diplomacy skills required.
• Flexible to work all shifts including holidays, nights, weekends, and overtime as business needs dictate.
• Exceptional motivational, communication and guest service skills required.
• Well-developed guest and team member engagement skills.
• Must have extensive knowledge of food cost and labor analysis.
• Knowledge of all phases of Food & Beverage administration, cost control and familiarity of food and beverage services is required.
Something to leave you with
Penn National Gaming is more than you may realize. We have properties throughout the United States and Canada and are embarking on an aggressive growth mode. Our departments and areas of opportunity are ideal for just about any skill set. And our company-wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you’ll enjoy a fun working environment.
Now that you have read about who we are, here is your opportunity to see what we're about!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job ID 2019-64918
Casino Property RIVER CITY
Position Type Regular Full-Time