Penn National Gaming Food Server - The Barn Steakhouse - Part time in Robinsonville, Mississippi
Don’t just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? At Penn National Gaming we think you’ll enjoy an exciting industry, fast-paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
An individual could be successful if they possess the following.
Your daily responsibilities include
Answers questions from guests and makes suggestions to guests regarding food, beverage, and service.
Takes drink orders.
Assists in maintaining the dining area in a clean and neat manner.
Monitors the needs of all guests on a continual basis to ensure all requests are met thoroughly and promptly.
Clears tables completely at the end of each meal.
Uses all proper service techniques as described in the training manual.
Carries out customer service policy to each guest at all times.
Works well with all other restaurant employees to promote a teamwork oriented atmosphere.
Responsible to take orders from patrons and return these orders in a timely manner.
Responsible to have knowledge of patron limitations and company policy and procedure regarding alcohol beverage limitations.
Ensure the safety and security of guest and team members.
Ensures all guests at Resorts Casino & Hotel enjoy a positive gaming experience due to high quality of guest service.
Welcomes and interacts with guests and other team members with a genuine display of caring and friendliness.
Other duties as assigned.
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set
• Use of food & beverage equipment, cash registers and Micro System.
• 24/7 high energy casino with a large gaming and entertainment space with multiple beverage/bar outlets. Position will be required to move around to all areas with a sense of urgency.
• Exposed to temperatures that may vary, noise, alcohol, smoke, wet floors, crowds, long lines and bright lights.
• Walking/Standing 70%
• Bending/Lifting 30% (overhead, arms, and length up to 35 lbs.)
• On feet 85% of work shift
• High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred.
• Zero to one year experience in cocktail serving preferred.
• Must be able to obtain Alcohol Beverage Control card.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Ability to read write and understand simple instructions
• Knowledge of all kitchen/bar equipment, Micro System, ABC laws, regulations and gaming laws.
• Knowledge of sanitation and health department regulations for safe handling of alcohol
• Ability to perform assigned job duties in an interruptive environment
• Knowledge of safety guidelines
• Answer all calls promptly and maintain politeness; pay attention to the needs of guests at all times.
• Ability to perform assigned duties under frequent time pressure in an interruptive environment.
• Always maintain a pleasant, friendly, and welcoming attitude. Knowledge of all special events and promotions available to guests.
Something to leave you with
Penn National Gaming is more than you may realize. We have properties throughout the United States and Canada and are embarking on an aggressive growth mode. Our departments and areas of opportunity are ideal for just about any skill set. And our company-wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you’ll enjoy a fun working environment.
Now that you have read about who we are, here is your opportunity to see what we're about!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job ID 2019-58179
Casino Property 1st Jackpot
Position Type Regular Part-Time
Category Food and Beverage