Penn National Gaming Culinary Apprentice 3 - Full Time in Riverside, Missouri
Don’t just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? At Argosy Casino Riverside we think you’ll enjoy an exciting industry, fast-paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
An individual could be successful if they possess the following.
Your daily responsibilities include
The Culinary Apprentice will gain on-the-job training combined with classroom instruction. The Apprentice will be trained and rotated throughout all of the culinary operations and will have the opportunity to learn the job duties and functions of each position during their rotations. He/she will also gain knowledge of the responsibilities that go along with the hotel/hospitality business. Throughout the three-year program, the Culinary Apprentice will gain the culinary techniques and skills needed in the culinary/hospitality profession. It is our intention to move the apprentices quarterly, this may be accelerated or slowed dictated by business demand.
• Practice professionalism and quality in service
• Understand the requirements for proper sanitation and improve and maintain standards
• Gain an understanding in using and maintaining of foodservice equipment
• Learn specific culinary styles and methods
• Become familiar with each kitchen and the job duties for each area
• Become knowledgeable with the assigned kitchens’ functions and the operations involved in hotel/hospitality culinary area
• Help prepare food items as instructed
• Cook and prepare food products including cutting, trimming, chopping, slicing, carving, mixing, cooking, sautéing, grilling, frying, broiling, baking, and steaming and application of other preparation techniques as required for preparation of food for venues serviced directly from the kitchen
• Maintain freshness of food items by rotating items as needed and maintaining items at appropriate temperatures.
• Perform tasks to ensure an attractive and safe physical appearance of working areas including cleaning and sanitizing all areas.
• Follow company procedures for preparing recipes and products.
• Prepare, display or serve food products as necessary including retrieving, arranging, garnishing, setting up, displaying, carving and serving.
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and currently enrolled in the JCCC culinary program to be eligible for Apprenticeship. After accepting an apprentice position students will be required to maintain a passing average, and be enrolled in a culinary practicum to be retained as an apprentice.
Something to leave you with
Penn National Gaming is more than you may realize. We have properties throughout the United States and Canada and are embarking on an aggressive growth mode. Our departments and areas of opportunity are ideal for just about any skill set. And our company-wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you’ll enjoy a fun working environment.
Now that you have read about who we are, here is your opportunity to see what we're about!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Posted Date 2 months ago (12/23/2019 9:47 AM)
Job ID 2019-71193
Casino Property Argosy Casino Riverside
Position Type Regular Full-Time
Category Food and Beverage