Penn National Gaming Hotel Service/Telecom Rep in Joliet, Illinois
Don’t just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? Hollywood Casino Joliet we think you’ll enjoy an exciting industry, fast-paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
An individual could be successful if they possess the following.
Your daily responsibilities include
Perform duties to accommodate hotel guests, respond to telephone inquiries and make appropriate reservations. Ensure guest satisfaction by following guidelines of the company and department policies and procedures. Conduct in-bound and out-bound calling, providing quality service & effective selling through the use of a telecommunication database and telephonic system. Expediently handle guest concerns, inquiries and requests. Direct guests to appropriate personnel and/or escalate issues to management when necessary to fulfill guest needs. Perform the professional and courteous handling of incoming guest calls and reservation requests while realizing campaign goals, fulfilling data entry requirements and achieving call time and volume objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· This position is responsible for providing a high level of customer service and promoting a positive attitude to create a fun and entertaining experience for our guests and Cast Members.
· Check guests in and out of rooms and RV Park.
· Make guest reservations, assign rooms/ RV slots and make keys.
· Answer incoming telephone calls and provide appropriate assistance such as directions, property events or promotions.
· Answer PBX incoming calls and distribute throughout property.
· Enter reservations for Hotel/RV park accommodations based on availability.
· Verify payments received.
· Check arrivals and departures.
· Run daily reports
· Count cash drawer and balance shift transactions.
· Perform daily cash drops and sign proper drop logs.
· Perform daily inventory of front desk supplies and RV park supplies, notifying Supervisor of ordering needs.
· Assist Supervisor in data entry for reports.
· Perform Night Audit procedure as assigned or scheduled.
· Perform minor clerical work as assigned.
· Prepare informational packets as needed.
· Fill in for Breakfast Greeter as required.
· Understands and adheres to all Property and departmental standards, policies and procedures.
· Receive in-bound calls and dispatch or handle appropriately.
· Perform out-bound calling efforts as scheduled and prioritized by supervisor or ETS system.
· Perform basic functions, data input and acquire information from the following: ACSC, LMS, PBX, Open Table
· Achieve established levels of activity and meet objectives for number and length of calls attempted, calls completed, sales results, and abandoned calls, up-selling and the accuracy and completeness of data input.
· Maintain detailed awareness regarding current and upcoming property events, promotions, entertainment, packages, Club benefits, food specials, and other offers for information dissemination and up-selling.
· Handle reservation requests for invitational events, hotel, restaurants and concerts.
· Utilize event manifests, RSVP spreadsheets and refer to fact sheets as needed to fulfill call center initiatives.
· Provide regular updates on reservation status and response summaries.
· Directly handle guest issues and concerns determining alternate solutions and resources in order to resolve issues.
· Work in harmony with supervisor and other department personnel to escalate the handling of guest issues as needed to remedy guest dissatisfaction.
· Deliver phone scripts in a compelling and confident manner, effectively offer tool box amenities and establish follow up action when executing out-bound calls.
· Carry out several simultaneous tasks: take rapidly-arriving incoming calls in succession, provide courteous, personalized and professional service, and proficiently and accurately enter and assess data across multiple systems and programs.
· Provide superior service delivery and strong persuasive communication skills.
· Consistently follow the processes and procedures outlined for handling calls including up-selling, personalization, standardization and quality control measures
· Perform a variety of record keeping, filing, indexing and other general administrative functions.
· Operate a variety of communication equipment.
· Must display the ability to be a team player and interface with other departments to develop key relations to insure maximum efficiency in completing job tasks
· Responsible for stocking and working Sundry shop.
· Assist with Differentiated EP services
· Other duties as assigned.
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set
High school diploma or equivalent is required along with 6 months to 1 year of customer service experience. 1 year experience in telephone procedures, communication and data entry preferred. Guest Service, Sales or Call Center Experience Preferred (length of experience commensurate with level of consideration. Greatest consideration given to Call Center Experience). Proficient with data entry.
Excellent oral communication skills - able to speak English fluently enough to be clearly understood over the telephone. Negotiation and persuasive communication skills a plus. Must be comfortable in a fast-paced, performance based call center, where calls are monitored, recorded and assessed for accuracy, speed, and quality of service and sales delivery. Must possess a pleasant outgoing personality and portray a professional temperament for dealing with varied internal and external customer situations. Must be able to handle multiple tasks quickly with a great deal of detail and accuracy. Ability to work under pressure, exercise good tact and independent judgment in difficult situations. This position is responsible for providing a high level of customer service and promoting a positive attitude to create a fun and entertaining experience for our guests and Cast Members. Must understand and speak the English language.
While performing the duties of this job, the Cast Member is regularly required to talk and hear. The Cast Member frequently is required to stand and walk. The Cast Member is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, and crouch. The Cast Member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The Cast Member requires manual dexterity to operate all necessary equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance.
Something to leave you with
Penn National Gaming is more than you may realize. We have properties throughout the United States and Canada and are embarking on an aggressive growth mode. Our departments and areas of opportunity are ideal for just about any skill set. And our company-wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you’ll enjoy a fun working environment.
Now that you have read about who we are, here is your opportunity to see what we're about!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job ID 2019-61497
Casino Property Hollywood Casino Joliet
Position Type Regular Full-Time
Category Hotel Services