Penn National Gaming Hotel Heavy Duty Cleaner in Joliet, Illinois
Don’t just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? Hollywood Casino Joliet we think you’ll enjoy an exciting industry, fast-paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
An individual could be successful if they possess the following.
Your daily responsibilities include
Provide a clean and safe environment for guests and staff by maintaining and enhancing the physical appearance of the Hotel property through routine heavy duty and floor care cleaning.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
• This position is responsible for providing a high level of customer service and promoting a positive attitude to create a fun and entertaining experience for our guests and Cast Members.
• Perform duties to clean and sanitize various areas of the Hotel.
• Responsible for the cleaning of blood spills and body fluids.
• Responsible for the cleaning of all carpeted areas of hotel including rooms.
• Must maintain ongoing awareness of safety and respond to emergencies accordingly.
• Perform heavy duty cleaning and maintain all guest and Cast Member areas.
• Keep the front and side entrances clean and free of debris.
• Must have the ability to use various floor care equipment.
• Must have knowledge of safe chemical usage.
• Required standing and walking for extended periods of time.
• Must have knowledge of cleaning procedures, floor care and problems areas.
• Other duties as assigned.
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Must have 1-year previous housekeeping/janitorial experience preferred. Knowledge specializing in floor care/machinery and chemical usage preferred. Carpet extracting and hard floor care knowledge a must. Must have excellent interpersonal skills and customer service skills. This position is responsible for providing a high level of customer service and promoting a positive attitude to create a fun and entertaining experience for our guests and Cast Members. High school diploma or equivalent is required. Must understand and speak the English language.
While performing the duties of this job, the Cast Member is regularly required to talk and hear. The Cast Member frequently is required to stand and walk. The Cast Member is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, and crouch. The Cast Member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The Cast Member requires manual dexterity to operate all necessary equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance. Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs occasionally. Majority of work involves contact with cleaning products and chemicals.
Something to leave you with
Penn National Gaming is more than you may realize. We have properties throughout the United States and Canada and are embarking on an aggressive growth mode. Our departments and areas of opportunity are ideal for just about any skill set. And our company-wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you’ll enjoy a fun working environment.
Now that you have read about who we are, here is your opportunity to see what we're about!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job ID 2018-50967
Casino Property Hollywood Casino Joliet
Position Type Regular Part-Time
Category Hotel Services