Penn National Gaming Security & Surveillance Shift Manager in Hobbs, New Mexico
Don’t just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? At Penn National Gaming we think you’ll enjoy an exciting industry, fast-paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
An individual could be successful if they possess the following.
Your daily responsibilities include
Manages security assistant shift managers, security officers, paramedics, EMT’s, surveillance supervisors and surveillance officers in performing their daily duties and assignments. Ensures consistent internal and external customer service goals are being achieved. Prepares work schedules that targets regulatory requirements and strategically deployed to create a safe environment for our guests and employees in an efficient manner in order to assist in reaching profitability, guest satisfaction, workforce strength and compliance goals. Provides encouragement, sets high expectations, and sets proud and positive examples necessary to ensure a fun, exciting and professional working environment for our staff and a pleasant and entertaining experience for our guests
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Following all Security and Surveillance Policies and Procedures, as they apply to the Accounting, Internal Controls and Commission Rules and Regulations.
• Establishing priorities, plan, supervise and insure open lines of communication exist between security/surveillance and other departments
• Formulating, implementing and enforcing the rules and regulations of the Security/Surveillance Department
• Performing the functions of the Security/Surveillance Manager, Officer or Dispatcher, as needed
• Achieves desired results in all areas of responsibility through staff development and training programs, established methods, procedures and guidelines to maintain desired standards, and high quality customer service. Then, monitors results through inspection, evaluation and analysis. Makes changes if necessary to achieve end result
• Management accountability for all team members for day to day and long term operations to include hiring, training and developing employees which includes coaching, mentoring and appropriate performance management up to and including separation
• Responsible for staffing and scheduling (planning, assigning and directing work) to meet business demands and ensure internal customer satisfaction
• Researches, evaluates, and tests latest technology in surveillance in order to develop most appropriate system to achieve security, effectiveness, and cost-efficiency objectives
• Partners with property departments to design and conduct highly sensitive investigations to facilitate fact-finding probe into potentially illegal or inappropriate activities
• Communicates and develops business relations with State and Local Regulators in order to stay abreast of regulations and practices
• Makes recommendations in the development of gaming procedures to ensure that management takes into consideration the enforceability of such procedures from a security/surveillance perspective
• Understanding of overall department budgets, profit and loss statements, cost analysis, labor analysis, planning and promotions
• Responsible for the overall integrity of daily operations, ensures compliance with all regulatory, internal control, and policies and procedures, and compliance reporting
• Presents oneself as a credit to the Company and encourages others to do the same
• This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and team members may also be asked to perform other reasonable related duties as assigned. Zia Park Casino, Hotel and Racetrack reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises with appropriate notification to Team Members.
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set
• This position has supervisory responsibilities for all security assistant shift managers, security officers, surveillance assistant shift managers, surveillance officers, paramedic supervisor, paramedics, and EMT’s.
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
• Must qualify for licensing with the New Mexico Racing & Gaming Commissions.
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) from an accredited four-year college or university preferred
• Five years progressively more challenging leadership role in surveillance, security, or law enforcement
• Must be proficient in Microsoft applications (Excel, Access, Word)
• Ability to understand and analyze Budget & P&L Statements
• Must have prior security and/or surveillance supervisory experience in the area of gaming/racing
• Effective written and verbal communication
• Previous customer service experience
• Able to handle stressful situations dealing with the general public and make rational decision when required
• Ability to work in an environment, which may be noisy, various temperature levels, illumination, vibration, crowds and air quality.
• Must be able to listen and respond to visual and aural cues as well as view monitors under surveillance
• Tactfulness when dealing with difficult team members, guests or situations
• Ability to identify and quickly respond to potential problems, conflicts and to defend oneself and others in combative situations
• Run on level or graded surfaces, as well as the ability to effectively and efficiently move around all work areas, including walking and standing for long periods of time
• Must possess a valid state issued driver’s license
• Ability to multi-task as required, assistant managers may be required to deal with many situations at one time and work well with all departments
• Ability to adapt and adjust as necessary
• Flexible schedule, working weekends and holidays are a must
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Physically mobile with reasonable accommodations, including the ability to push, pull, carry and lift up to 35lbs., and the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when performing job related duties in varying work areas, such as confined spaces
• The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; run; climb; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, ability to adjust focus, and peripheral vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
• Must be able to work in various weather conditions.
• Exposure to unrestricted second-hand smoke in guest areas.
Something to leave you with
Penn National Gaming is more than you may realize. We have properties throughout the United States and Canada and are embarking on an aggressive growth mode. Our departments and areas of opportunity are ideal for just about any skill set. And our company-wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you’ll enjoy a fun working environment.
Now that you have read about who we are, here is your opportunity to see what we're about!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job ID 2019-67851
Casino Property Zia Park Casino
Position Type Regular Full-Time