Penn National Gaming BUTCHER in Henderson, Nevada
Don’t just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? At Penn National Gaming we think you’ll enjoy an exciting industry, fast-paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
An individual could be successful if they possess the following.
Your daily responsibilities include
MAJOR JOB DUTIES: Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
• Ensures all food is prepared fresh and is of the highest quality.
• Strictly adheres to all procedures and corporate specifications, methods and instructions from supervisor.
• Reports to work on time and in a clean uniform.
• Responsible for the procurement, defrosting, and cleaning of all protein items.
• Consistently checks temperatures of foods and follows proper procedures in regards to chilling and holding food.
• Reports waste to supervisors on a daily basis.
• Checks station upon arrival to determine status of outstanding safety or equipment issues.
• Follow standard recipes and convert quantities mathematically. Work closely with Executive Chef to prepare the appropriate quantities of meat, poultry and seafood.
• Ensure safe handling of all equipment within the “back of the house,” (mixers, dicers, vegetable cutters, etc.).
• Observe and enforce sanitary behavior and clean appearance of food preparation.
• Set regular safety meetings for all cooks, pantry, kitchen workers and supervisory personnel.
• Must provide courteous and friendly service to all vendors and staff.
• Performs related work as requested.
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set
EXPERIENCE: Two years experience in a Butcher position.
EDUCATION: High School diploma or GED and some College level courses.
SKILLS: Effective organization skills. Excellent communication skills. Ability to perform basic and intermediate math. Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information. Ability to present self in a professional, pleasant, confident and well groomed manner. The ability to work effectively with team members, other department personnel and guests. Full knowledge and understanding of company and department rules, policies and procedures. Ability to read, write, and communicate verbally in English.
Something to leave you with
Penn National Gaming is more than you may realize. We have properties throughout the United States and Canada and are embarking on an aggressive growth mode. Our departments and areas of opportunity are ideal for just about any skill set. And our company-wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you’ll enjoy a fun working environment.
Now that you have read about who we are, here is your opportunity to see what we're about!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job ID 2018-49649
Casino Property M Resort
Position Type Regular Full-Time