Penn National Gaming Security Officer - Part-Time in East Chicago, Indiana
Don’t just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? At Penn National Gaming we think you’ll enjoy an exciting industry, fast-paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
An individual could be successful if they possess the following.
Your daily responsibilities include
• Provide Great Guest Service while staying calm and composed all the times and respond in a positive manner to the guest who may become disorderly or disruptive.
• Provide continuous patrol by foot of the casino, hotel, and surrounding areas owned by the casino. This will be to determine any suspicious persons who may be loitering, panhandling, disruptive, and disorderly.
• Assists the supervisor in preparing detail reports on any security related incidents occurring on company property.
• Escorts and transports funds for table fill slots and or banks.
• Provide security for money drops to include tables and slots.
• Provides escorts in sensitive areas for all non-gaming team members i.e.; maintenance, vendors, and or cleaning personnel.
• Responds to disturbances and alarms to provide security for both guests and team members.
• May be required to operate security dispatch to include dispatching officers, maintaining key control and maintain all logs required in the dispatch center.
• Establish guest and team member relations on a daily basis.
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set
• Responsible for accurate reporting and completing incident reports as necessary.
• Sincere desire to work with the public.
• Converse naturally and willingly with customers.
• Must be able to assist patrons in wheel chairs
• Must have a clean driving record
• Ability to sustain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
• Ability to maintain a high level of energy and take a proactive and strategic approach to dealing with issues.
• Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the organization.
• Highly organized and detail-oriented.
• High school Diploma or equivalent required
• Previous security customer service experience preferred.
Something to leave you with
Penn National Gaming is more than you may realize. We have properties throughout the United States and Canada and are embarking on an aggressive growth mode. Our departments and areas of opportunity are ideal for just about any skill set. And our company-wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you’ll enjoy a fun working environment.
Now that you have read about who we are, here is your opportunity to see what we're about!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job ID 2019-64559
Casino Property Ameristar Casino Hotel East Chicago
Position Type Regular Part-Time