Penn National Gaming F&B Assistant Manager in East Chicago, Indiana
Don’t just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? At Penn National Gaming we think you’ll enjoy an exciting industry, fast-paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
An individual could be successful if they possess the following.
Your daily responsibilities include
• Responsible for supervising staff and the overall daily management of a designated shift. Supports, administers and manages operational goals and monitors achievements of performance and profit objectives.
• Adheres to scheduling and coordinates with manager any scheduling concerns, with attention to guest satisfaction.
• Assists in establishing product menu and records product inventories.
• Assists in maintaining beverage department policies and procedures to control beverage and labor costs while maintaining quality product, presentation and service.
• Communicates with all other departments as they relate to the Beverage operation to coordinate activities or correct problems on designated shift.
• Assists with providing support for special events when necessary on designated shift.
• Assists in monitoring inventory of all beverage product.
• May be responsible for assisting in the budget process for the department by providing recommendations; supports compliance to departmental budget initiatives; reporting budget concerns to manager.
• Enthusiastically supports, actively promotes, and demonstrates superior customer service in accordance with department and company standards and programs. Ensures customer service standards are followed by all team members and addresses issues as they arise.
• Assists Manager with administrative duties, as needed.
• Responsible for ensuring the compliance with all regulatory compliance within area of responsibility and reporting potential issues to management.
• Maintains strict confidentiality in all departmental and company matters.
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set
• Associates degree (A.A.) in related field; two years Beverage or equivalent experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Prior gaming experience preferred. Minimum of two years supervisory experience required.
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft applications (Excel, Word, and Outlook).
• Flexible to work all shifts including holidays, nights, weekends, and overtime as business needs dictate.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
• Must have the ability to interact with guests, staff and colleagues and resolve problems and conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
Something to leave you with
Penn National Gaming is more than you may realize. We have properties throughout the United States and Canada and are embarking on an aggressive growth mode. Our departments and areas of opportunity are ideal for just about any skill set. And our company-wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you’ll enjoy a fun working environment.
Now that you have read about who we are, here is your opportunity to see what we're about!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Location US-IN-East Chicago
Posted Date 2 months ago (11/22/2019 12:00 PM)
Job ID 2019-68496
Casino Property Ameristar Casino Hotel East Chicago
Position Type Regular Full-Time