Penn National Gaming EXECUTIVE CASINO HOST - ASIAN MARKETING in East Chicago, Indiana
Don’t just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? At Penn National Gaming we think you’ll enjoy an exciting industry, fast-paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
An individual could be successful if they possess the following.
Your daily responsibilities include
• Meet and greet players who are playing on the casino floor; handling their requests where needed and appropriate.
• Provide high level personal customer service to all Ameristar players.
• Develop and implement business plans for each quarter targeting these high end players who are considered prospects, fading or inactive.
• Retain the level of play of very high level Ameristar players assigned.
• Host assigned players at events and parties held for them at the property.
• Act as guest service liaison, handle guest opportunities and resolve situations so as to ensure smooth operations and excellent customer service.
• Conduct and attend all regular departmental meetings as well as other related meetings.
• Be familiar and promote all current and upcoming special events, promotions and entertainment, as well as all casino activities and the Star Awards program.
• Strive to exceed the expectations of our high-end players by following up on their visit with letters or thank you notes.
• Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
• Provide assistance where needed to the Player Development Director and Manager.
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set
• Must speak and write fluently in English and at least one of the following Asian languages; Chinese, Korean and Vietnamese
5 years of casino marketing or sales experience
• Strong problem solving, mediation skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, particularly overcoming obstacles
• Fully Competent in Microsoft Office
• Must have good organizational skills and the ability to multitask and prioritize projects
• Must be a self starter and able to work independently. • Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the organization, in addition to external guests.
• Uses diplomacy and tact to build constructive and effective relationships, especially during high-tension situations.
• Ability to evaluate and identify circumstances or incidents that require the notification and/or approval of others.
• Must be service and goal oriented with a friendly and outgoing personality.
• Must be a team player with a positive attitude and a natural leader for the department and the property.
• Problem solver that can evaluate situations, take direction well and is proactive with projects and strategy.
• Fosters and maintains positive team member relations in a supportive environment and interfaces with other departments to ensure a harmonious working relationship.
• Maintain a high level of professional appearance, demeanor, ethics, and image of yourself.
• Maintain the strictest confidence of any and all confidential and propriatary information disclosed by an Ameristar entity or by a guest of Ameristar Casinos.
• High school required, college preferred
• 3 years of casino hosting experience or 5 years of consumer sales
• Prefer minimum of 3 years high volume customer service
Something to leave you with
Penn National Gaming is more than you may realize. We have properties throughout the United States and Canada and are embarking on an aggressive growth mode. Our departments and areas of opportunity are ideal for just about any skill set. And our company-wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you’ll enjoy a fun working environment.
Now that you have read about who we are, here is your opportunity to see what we're about!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Location US-IN-East Chicago
Posted Date 2 months ago (11/25/2019 6:39 AM)
Job ID 2019-70071
Casino Property Ameristar Casino Hotel East Chicago
Position Type Regular Full-Time