Penn National Gaming Assistant Table Games Shift Manager in Charles Town, West Virginia
Don’t just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? At Hollywood Casino Charles Town we think you’ll enjoy an exciting industry, fast-paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
An individual could be successful if they possess the following.
Your daily responsibilities include
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following and other duties may be assigned as necessary:
· Responsible for supervising staff and the overall daily management of a designated shift in the table games department. Supports, administers and manages operational goals and monitors achievements of performance and profit objectives.
· Adheres to scheduling and coordinates with manager any scheduling concerns, with attention to guest satisfaction.
· May be responsible for assisting in the budget process for the department by providing recommendations; supports compliance to departmental budget initiatives; reporting budget concerns to manager.
· Enthusiastically supports, actively promotes, and demonstrates superior customer service in accordance with department and company standards and programs. Ensures customer service standards are followed by all team members and addresses issues as they arise.
· Works closely with the Shift Manager to implement and oversee overall strategies for customer service, comping,
games layout and mix, revenue growth, and expense management in order to maximize profitability.
· Shares responsibility of the overall engagement of all team members with Shift Manager by addressing and managing team member feedback, suggestions, complaints, and grievances.
· Responsible for the accountability of the chips, cards, dice and all other gaming equipment.
· Assists with verifications of table inventories and effectively manages table limits.
· Assists in the maintenance and processing of all paperwork, logs, schedules, and communication pertaining to the Table Games department.
· Maintains a continuous inspection of cards and dice ensuring the security of assigned table games during assigned shift.
· Shares responsibility for the overall integrity of daily operations on assigned shift.
· Responsible for ensuring the compliance with all regulatory compliance within area of responsibility and reporting potential issues to management.
· Maintains strict confidentiality in all departmental and company matters.
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be at least 21 years of age.
Associates Degree (A.A.) in related field; or four years of experience in a comparable Table Games Operations supervisory position; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Excellent skills in both written and oral communication.
Must be proficient in Microsoft applications (Excel, Word) and have knowledge of Table Games operating systems.
Must have the ability to interact with guests, staff and colleagues and resolve problems and conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Must have knowledge of all Table Games and Table Games Operations.
Flexible to work allshifts including holidays, nights, weekends, and overtime as business needs dictate.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
For every year of employment, Employee must:
a)Obtain and maintain a license by the WV Racing Commission and/or WV Lottery as may be required for this position.
b)Successfully complete and maintain certification in the Beverage Service Program (TIPS and TOPS) as may be required for this position.
This job may or may not have supervisory responsibilities.
Responsible for staff development and training programs.
Responsible for rewards and recognition program to maximize employee engagement.
Evaluates team members within department and delivers constructive feedback to employees in regards to performance.
Provides recommendation for staffing (including interviewing and hiring) and scheduling (planning, assigning and directing work) to meet business needs.
Manages work procedures and expedites workflow.
Provides recommendation for employee performance (disciplining, coaching, and counseling).
Something to leave you with
Penn National Gaming is more than you may realize. We have properties throughout the United States and Canada and are embarking on an aggressive growth mode. Our departments and areas of opportunity are ideal for just about any skill set. And our company-wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you’ll enjoy a fun working environment.
Now that you have read about who we are, here is your opportunity to see what we're about!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job ID 2019-62716
Casino Property Hollywood Casino at CharlesTown
Position Type Regular Full-Time