Penn National Gaming Director of Compliance in Joliet, Illinois
More information about this opportunity:
Don’t just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? Hollywood Casino Joliet we think you’ll enjoy an exciting industry, fast-paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
An individual could be successful if they possess the following.
Your daily responsibilities include:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
Manage and direct compliance departments at Hollywood Casino Aurora and Hollywood Casino Joliet to ensure continuing integrity of operations and adherence to applicable laws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures. The following and other duties may be assigned as necessary:
• Responsible for directing the overall operations and staff of the Compliance department. Develops, implements and manages operational goals and monitors achievements of performance objectives. Develops and recommends policies and standard operating procedures. Monitors effective administration of all departmental policies and standard operating procedures; makes recommendations as needed.
• Responsible for assisting in the training, implementation and enforcement of the property Compliance, SARC/Title 31 and Responsible Gaming compliance programs.
• Revise and update the SOX requirements.
• Drafts and submits, for regulatory approval, updates to internal control procedures for the Aurora and Joliet properties. Provide advice and guidance to management on regulatory requirements and Internal Control procedures.
• Serves as liaison to the Illinois Gaming Board and other regulatory agencies as required, as well as ensuring timely responses to incident and audit reports; review and prepare draft responses to compliance-related issues raised.
• Maintains an open dialogue and positive relations with officials of the Illinois Gaming Board.
• Oversees preparation of annual license renewal submissions to the Illinois Gaming Board.
• Collaborate with company management and the Illinois Gaming Board to ensure significant changes to the company’s operating environment (new facilities, system upgrades, gaming mix changes, etc.) are completed in accordance with IGB regulations and with the necessary approvals.
• Ensures organized set of detailed records and files to document transactions are kept in accordance with regulations.
• Works closely with General Manager and Executive Team to ensure they have a thorough understanding of gaming regulations and general procedures.
• Oversees compilation of reports for the Illinois Gaming Board and submits necessary paperwork on behalf of the property, as needed.
• Ensures property is informed of new gaming rules and regulation requirements.
• Responsible for ensuring the compliance with all regulatory requirements within area of responsibility and reporting potential issues to appropriate parties. Develop and maintain working relationships with regulatory agencies.
• Implements and monitors the effective administration of the property’s AML / Know Your Customer Program. Serves as the property BSA/Compliance Officer.
• Performs the annual AML Risk Assessment and revises the AML Program as needed.
• Ensure CTRs and SARs are filed timely.
• Creates and maintains Know Your Customer profiles.
• Reviews, identifies, evaluates and resolves compliance issues, internal and external audit findings and submits responses of corrective action.
• Responsible for preparing, monitoring and adhering to budgets and ensuring compliance to departmental budget initiatives. Reports budget concerns / deviations to the Executive Management / GM.
• Maintains strict confidentiality in all departmental and company matters.
• Ensures compliance with reporting commitments required by the corporate office and regulatory agencies.
• Ensures adherence with corporate-mandated compliance programs, including Responsible Gaming program, conducting quarterly Responsible Gaming interviews and preparing status reports regarding the company’s Responsible Gaming program. Conducts Compliance and Responsible Gaming Committee meetings, as required.
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set:
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS :
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be at least 21 years of age.
• Bachelor's degree (B.A. /B.S.) in Business or related field from four-year college or university; five to ten years’ experience in compliance or governmental affairs or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Law degree / experience preferred.
• Casino experience preferred.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft applications (World, Excel, and Outlook).
• Must have excellent organization and communication skills.
• Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the public.
• Must have the ability to interact with guests, staff and colleagues and resolve problems and conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES :
This job will have supervisory responsibilities.
• Responsible for staff development and training programs.
• Responsible for rewards and recognition program to maximize employee engagement.
• Evaluates team members within department and delivers constructive feedback to employees in regards to performance.
• Provides recommendations for staffing (including interviewing and hiring) and scheduling (planning, assigning and directing work) to meet business needs.
• Manages work procedures and expedites workflow.
• Responsible for employee performance (disciplining, coaching, counseling).
Something to leave you with:
Penn National Gaming is more than you may realize. We have properties throughout the United States and Canada and are embarking on an aggressive growth mode. Our departments and areas of opportunity are ideal for just about any skill set. And our company-wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you’ll enjoy a fun working environment.
Now that you have read about who we are, here is your opportunity to see what we're about!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job ID 2017-43076
Casino Property Hollywood Casino Joliet
Posted Date 7/27/2017
Position Type Regular Full-Time